4.07.2014

Cleaning up

I've been cleaning up my studio work table...when I finish a project, I like to clear the decks in the likelihood when inspiration strikes again, I am ready!  With the altered book for my sister's birthday completed, I was doing just that two weeks ago...when a few snippets caught my eye...  

I often challenge myself to create a collage with whatever is remaining on the top of my table...when the choices are limited, it seems to increase the promise of an interesting composition...here is my result...the only addition was a scrap of cardboard for a foundation...


With this collage completed, I was not content to rest...as I progress in my involvement with my online class, Photoshop Grunge, I've become intrigued with layering photographs of mine on top of scanned images of my paper collages...for a different interpretation of my original composition...so I scanned my collage and started creating version #2...























Working in Photoshop, I layered another photograph of mine (the tree in the lower left corner) and the owl image from the Rijksmuseum (did you know that you can access and use for free several images from the museum...talk about a vintage vibe!)  Additional layers for texture were added as well...giving this piece a more complicated story than the original...

I'm liking the ability to freely create with version #2...if something doesn't quite work out, its easy to remove an element...not so easy with version #1 when glue is involved!

And speaking of cleaning up...working on a major clean-up of my etsy shop...stay tuned for details...there's going to be some smokin' deals!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails