7.15.2014

Look | See

Over the last two years, I've become more involved with photography...and it has sharpened my powers of observation...focusing my attention...gleaning the story that I want to tell...










It hasn't just been photography for the sake of capturing a single image...but rather how what I look at can be woven into what I see...an artistic journey that I want to share with others...

In the yearlong class I'm currently taking from kim klassen
be still 52, one emphasis is on the simplicity of the moment...the calmness...in essence, being still...in both mind and body.








While on our month long trip, I had plenty of opportunity to practice...
what common images/everyday occurrences do we rush by, never stopping to notice...







































I've always been a big proponent that art is not just anything grand or majestic...but simple and approachable...
and present in everyone's life...you just have to see what you are looking at...pay attention for a moment...

these bits of nature...gathered on the lawn in the morning light and placed on the outdoor table...
the most lovely gray and green tones...



Linking up to kim klassen's Texture Tuesday...many more examples of the sublimity of the simple...
all of my images today edited with kk texture pinonly8...which you can download for free here...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails